(Records for books temporarily shelved in our collection)
1. Search OPAC.
1a. If you find a bibliographic record for the identical item:
2. Create an item record:
· Retrieve and open a bibliographic record.
· From the Summary screen, choose View “ i item”.
· Select Attach new item.
· Select Single item (you'll enter one item record at a time). Click OK.
· Respond to prompts:
· Copy # Enter copy number; click Next.
· Itype Enter i type; click Next. (Monographs=1, 2, or 3; serials=2 or 3 (primary material).)
· Volume Enter volume number ;
o OR click Next
o Barcode Type or scan barcode number; click Next.
· Creator Enter your initials; click Next.
Click on Edit --> Insert Field --> Select x Note -->Type “This book belongs to Pr… Please notify VS as soon as book will be returned to the owner
Ø Review record.
Ø Click Save.
1b. If you don’t find a bibliographic record for the identical item:
Create a short bibliographic record:
Ctrl +N --> input today’s date --> Next --> Next --> Next --> Next --> Input Author -->Next --> Input Title --> Save;
Create an item record as instructed above.