The Reserve Collection is located behind the Reference Desk on the first floor of the Mendik Library.
A major component of the Reserve Collection are the Course Reserves, consisting of one or more print copies of the texts/casebooks (but not selected statutes, codes, rules or other supplementary materials) required for each first year course and all upper level classes that are accompanied by an on-campus in-person component.
Because of current health and safety concerns, the goal of which is to insure the safety of all members of the NYLS community, the following restrictions and procedures for accessing all Course Reserves materials will be in effect until further notice:
1) Physical access to the Reserve Collection area is closed to all students, faculty, and non-library staff.
2) To borrow an item from the Reserve Collection, students should send an email from their NYLS email account to firstname.lastname@example.org providing the following information:
· The title of the item requested;
· The author of the item requested; and
i. For a Course Reserve item, the name of the course and the professor
ii. For any other Reserve Collection item, the Call Number.
3) The Circulation Desk will respond to such emails as promptly as possible to confirm the availability of the requested item and to inform the student that the item will be held for pick-up for ninety minutes after the email is sent. If the student does not retrieve the item within the ninety-minute period, the item will be made available for other students.
4) The borrowing period for all Reserve materials is four hours. Materials must be used on campus only. Renewals are not permitted.
5) Books must be returned before the Library closes. Use the book return bin located at the Circulation Desk .
6) All materials will be quarantined upon their return for a minimum period of twelve hours. Quarantined materials will not be available for borrowing until expiration of the quarantine period.