Search the Catalog
Search the Mendik Library Catalog to find find books, electronic databases, web sites and other materials.
Practicing lawyers often refer to templates or "forms" when drafting standard legal documents.
When using a form, it is important to review all relevant laws and rules. Forms are not etched in stone and should be tailored to your specific case.
You will often find many variations of the same form. It is best to consult several forms, taking particular aspects from each, when creating your legal document.
Finding Forms on WestlawNext, Lexis & Bloomberg Law
- Select “Forms” from the browse menu. You will then have the option of finding forms by State, Topic or Publication.
- Practical Law Company
- The Practical Law Company provides practical resources including model documents, guides, and checklists.
- Practice areas include Commercial, Corporate & Securities, Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation, Finance, Intellectual Property & Technology, International Arbitration, Labor & Employment, Federal Litigation, Antitrust, Real Estate, and Tax.
- Practical Law can now be accessed from the WestlawNext browse menu.
- Browse (top of page) > Sources > Category > Forms
- Lexis Practice Advisor
- Select "Lexis Practice Advisor" from the Lexis Advance Research tab in the top left hand corner.
- Access forms for a variety of practice areas including Real Estate; Securities and Capital Markets; and Business & Commercial law.
- To access Lexis.com, sign in to Lexis Advance and select "Lexis.com" from the Lexis Advance Research tab in the top left hand corner.
- To find legal forms you can use the "Find Forms" box and search forms by Deal Type, Form and Jurisdiction. You can also find forms within the various practice centers listed above the forms box.
Beyond Lexis and Westlaw
Mendik Library Catalog
You can find both print and electronic resources by simply searching our Library Catalog. Use the word "forms" as a search term.
NYCourts.gov - statewide and location-specific forms
USCourts.gov - links to standard forms used in the U.S. Courts
Blumberg Legal Forms (fee)