The NYLS wireless network is protected by a security package that requires laptops and mobile devices to meet certain requirements before being allowed access to the network. Each user must logon to the Wireless Network using their NYLSid to gain access to the NYLS network.
1. To connect to Wi-Fi on campus, select 'NYLS-WiFi' from the list of available Wi-Fi networks and use your NYLSid to connect. NYLSSecure and NYLSAdmin are no longer available. Once connected to ‘NYLS-Wifi’, launch your web browser.
2. When prompted, enter your NYLSid.
• Username: jsmith21
• Password: <YourNYLSPassword>
3. After successfully authenticating, you will be prompted to download an application to your machine. This application is a requirement for access to the NYLS Network. Your laptop must meet a limited set of requirements in order to be granted access to our network.
4. IF you are having problems connecting please call the OIT= Solutions Center at x2316 (on
campus), or 212-431-2316 (off campus).
Peer to Peer file-sharing, Torrenting, network scanning, or any malware or malicious software detected on your laptop will immediately restrict your access to the NYLS Wireless Network. If access becomes restricted on your laptop, please contact the Help Desk for further assistance.